Linda and Tim - Stop Motion Video Project  

Posted in

This is a little project I tried a few weeks ago. It's stop-motion video produced completely with linux.


To create this, I used a canon 20D with a 50mm f1.8 lens. I set the camera in drive mode, and took sequences of images. To keep the buffer up, I shot in small JPG. To keep the exposures consistent image to image, I shot in manual mode (manual WB as well).

I resized the images to 640x480, added a slight vignette, and desaturated the images to give an old-movie feel. (The batch took 7+ hours)

I then compiled the 12,000 images into a movie with StopMotion. The resulting video was edited using Cinelerra. I added the "aging TV" effect to further enhance the vintage feel, and trimmed the 28 minute video to fit the music.

Hope you like it!








This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at Tuesday, September 23, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Wow!

Very good job man!

Will you be interested to post a little tutorial on this blog ? ==> http://makefx.wordpress.com

See this mail ==> http://e.kevb.net/lurker/message/20080923.161412.3ca472ce.en.html

Sincerily

Roland (wildhostile)

September 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM
Anonymous  

i f-ing loved this montage! I can only hope you do my wedding or my photog. to do such a great job!!! LOVED IT!! -lindsey www.myspace.com/lindseywebsterphotography

October 4, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Wow! That was awesome. If only I had the patience (and skill) to do that...

October 31, 2008 at 4:15 AM

Post a Comment